• Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
US planning to reduce commitment to NATO – including in wartime

US planning to reduce commitment to NATO – including in wartime

May 20, 2026
Will Trent’s Scott Foley Breaks His Silence on Controversial Onscreen Death After Multiple Cast Exits

Will Trent’s Scott Foley Breaks His Silence on Controversial Onscreen Death After Multiple Cast Exits

May 20, 2026
Trump-backed governor wins GOP primary for third term after running on deregulation and tax cuts

Trump-backed governor wins GOP primary for third term after running on deregulation and tax cuts

May 20, 2026
‘With Him And For Him’: Portugal Using Ronaldo As Inspiration For 2026 World Cup

‘With Him And For Him’: Portugal Using Ronaldo As Inspiration For 2026 World Cup

May 20, 2026
EVERY BRILLIANT THING Will Launch National Tour in 2027

EVERY BRILLIANT THING Will Launch National Tour in 2027

May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Just In
  • US planning to reduce commitment to NATO – including in wartime
  • Will Trent’s Scott Foley Breaks His Silence on Controversial Onscreen Death After Multiple Cast Exits
  • Trump-backed governor wins GOP primary for third term after running on deregulation and tax cuts
  • ‘With Him And For Him’: Portugal Using Ronaldo As Inspiration For 2026 World Cup
  • EVERY BRILLIANT THING Will Launch National Tour in 2027
  • Boston Logan passengers will be able to skip long TSA airport lines thanks to new checkpoint
  • Mike Collins and Derek Dooley advance to runoff in Georgia GOP Senate primary, CBS News projects
  • Watch: Beyond the guest list—what Russia and China really want from each other
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Newsletter
  • Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
 Weather Login
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Home » Iran agrees not to execute eight women tied to anti-regime protests after Trump’s public appeal
World

Iran agrees not to execute eight women tied to anti-regime protests after Trump’s public appeal

staffstaffApril 22, 20261 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email
Iran agrees not to execute eight women tied to anti-regime protests after Trump’s public appeal

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that Iran will no longer execute eight women linked to anti-regime protests after he urged their release a day earlier.

“Very good news! I have just been informed that the eight women protestors who were going to be executed tonight in Iran will no longer be killed,” Trump said in a post on Truth Social. 

Four of the women will reportedly be released immediately, while the remaining four will serve one-month prison sentences. 

The president thanked Iran for halting the executions, saying, “I very much appreciate that Iran, and its leaders, respected my request.”

FREED IRANIAN PRISONER SAYS ‘IN TRUMP, THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC HAS MET ITS MATCH’

Trump previously said on social media Tuesday that releasing the women could work in Iran’s favor during negotiations scheduled later that day, when he ultimately announced an extension of a two-week ceasefire.

“To the Iranian leaders, who will soon be in negotiations with my representatives: I would greatly appreciate the release of these women,” Trump said Tuesday, responding to an activist’s post on X that included photos of eight unidentified women.

“I am sure that they will respect the fact that you did so. Please do them no harm! Would be a great start to our negotiations!!!”

Iran’s judiciary, however, quickly responded to Trump’s claims, denying that the women ever faced execution, according to Middle East-focused media outlet New Arab. 

“Trump was misled once again by fake news,” the judiciary’s official Mizan Online website said. “The women who were claimed to be on the verge of execution, some of them have been released, while others face charges that, if convictions are upheld, would at most result in imprisonment.”

IRAN TO EXECUTE FIRST FEMALE PROTESTER TIED TO ANTI-REGIME UNREST

Iranians attending an anti-government protest in Tehran, Iran

According to human rights groups, Iran reportedly last week scheduled the execution of a female protester linked to the January uprising, marking Tehran’s first publicly reported death penalty case involving a woman. 

She was identified as Bita Hemmati and is among the eight women Trump said will no longer face capital punishment. 

Hemmati was originally sentenced in a collective case alongside her husband and neighbors, the National Council of Resistance of Iran said. 

On Jan. 8 and Jan. 9, the group allegedly threw objects such as concrete blocks and incendiary materials from rooftops, injured security forces and engaged in anti-regime “propaganda” in an effort to undermine security, according to federal authorities. 

Iranians attending an anti-government protest in Tehran

One Iranian journalist reported the identities of the other women in a post on X, claiming the defendants are as young as 16 years old.

One victim in particular, identified as Mahboubeh Shabani, 33, was accused of providing assistance to demonstrators injured during January’s uprising, according to the Norway-based Hengaw rights group.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The women’s rulings are among the latest in a series of punishments issued amid a broader government crackdown on dissent.

Rights groups say thousands of protesters may have been killed since demonstrations erupted earlier this year. 

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp Email

Related News

US planning to reduce commitment to NATO – including in wartime

US planning to reduce commitment to NATO – including in wartime

Watch: Beyond the guest list—what Russia and China really want from each other

Watch: Beyond the guest list—what Russia and China really want from each other

Newsletter: Breakthrough on EU-US trade deal

Newsletter: Breakthrough on EU-US trade deal

The EU simplifies the AI Act and bans ‘nudifier’ apps

The EU simplifies the AI Act and bans ‘nudifier’ apps

EU approves trade deal with the US

EU approves trade deal with the US

How the EU plans to ban non-consensual ‘nudifier apps’

How the EU plans to ban non-consensual ‘nudifier apps’

Spanish ex-PM Zapatero under investigation for influence peddling

Spanish ex-PM Zapatero under investigation for influence peddling

Malaysia seeks €216m from Norwegian firm over scrapped missile deal

Malaysia seeks €216m from Norwegian firm over scrapped missile deal

EU Order of Merit celebrates the same old memories and few fresh faces

EU Order of Merit celebrates the same old memories and few fresh faces

Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

January 11, 2021

Subscribe to News

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks
Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
2026 © US Times Mirror. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?