• Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
Tudor Dixon returns to Michigan politics with new PAC aimed at boosting Republicans in key battleground

Tudor Dixon returns to Michigan politics with new PAC aimed at boosting Republicans in key battleground

May 19, 2026
Watch the 2026 Roger Rees Awards Pre-Show Arrivals

Watch the 2026 Roger Rees Awards Pre-Show Arrivals

May 19, 2026
Trader Joe’s new gummy worms are making shoppers run to the bathroom — but not for the reason you’d expect

Trader Joe’s new gummy worms are making shoppers run to the bathroom — but not for the reason you’d expect

May 19, 2026
Cuba’s president says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after report of island’s alleged military drones

Cuba’s president says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after report of island’s alleged military drones

May 19, 2026
Jennifer Lawrence’s Maxi Dress Is Incredibly Lengthening — All Because of This 1 Detail

Jennifer Lawrence’s Maxi Dress Is Incredibly Lengthening — All Because of This 1 Detail

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Just In
  • Tudor Dixon returns to Michigan politics with new PAC aimed at boosting Republicans in key battleground
  • Watch the 2026 Roger Rees Awards Pre-Show Arrivals
  • Trader Joe’s new gummy worms are making shoppers run to the bathroom — but not for the reason you’d expect
  • Cuba’s president says country poses “no threat” to U.S. after report of island’s alleged military drones
  • Jennifer Lawrence’s Maxi Dress Is Incredibly Lengthening — All Because of This 1 Detail
  • ICE arrests released illegal alien accused of killing daughter, 9, in Arizona rollover crash
  • The red-state winners in the climb to become America’s next economic powerhouse
  • Spurs snap Thunder’s playoff win streak behind Victory Wembanyama’s incredible Game 1 performance
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Newsletter
  • Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
 Weather Login
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Home » UK nuclear submarine deployed to Arabian Sea before Iran targets key US-UK base: reports
World

UK nuclear submarine deployed to Arabian Sea before Iran targets key US-UK base: reports

staffstaffMarch 22, 20261 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email
UK nuclear submarine deployed to Arabian Sea before Iran targets key US-UK base: reports

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A British nuclear-powered submarine has been deployed to the Arabian Sea amid rising tensions in the region and came ahead of Iran’s failed ballistic missile attempt targeting Diego Garcia, a key U.S.-U.K. military base in the Indian Ocean, according to reports.

HMS Anson — a Royal Navy Astute-class submarine armed with Tomahawk Block IV cruise missiles and Spearfish heavyweight torpedoes — traveled about 5,500 miles from HMAS Stirling, near Perth, Australia, to the region earlier in March.

The submarine is reportedly operating in the northern Arabian Sea, positioning Britain to respond quickly if the conflict escalates.

HMS Anson periodically surfaces to maintain communications with the U.K.’s Permanent Joint Headquarters in London, GB News reported.

TRUMP SAYS US ‘OBLITERATED’ TARGETS IN STRIKE ON KEY IRANIAN OIL HUB

The outlet reported that Anson is typically based at Faslane in Scotland, where an Iranian man has been charged with attempting to gain entry.

The deployment was said to have come shortly after the U.K. government authorized the United States to use British military bases for defensive operations targeting Iranian missile capabilities that have threatened shipping in the Strait of Hormuz.

In a statement, Downing Street said the aim of those operations was to “degrade the missile sites and capabilities” used in attacks on ships, while emphasizing that Britain does not want to be drawn into a wider regional conflict.

Tensions intensified Sunday after Iran launched two ballistic missiles toward Diego Garcia, according to multiple reports. Neither missile reached its target; one reportedly failed in flight, while the other was intercepted.

KING CHARLES TO ADDRESS ‘INCREASING PRESSURES OF CONFLICT’ IN SPEECH AS TRUMP CRITICIZES BRITISH PM ON IRAN

Diego Garcia base

The attempted strike has raised concerns about Iran’s missile range, as Diego Garcia is roughly 2,485 miles from Iran.

Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi had warned Britain against supporting U.S. or Israeli military action, saying such involvement could further escalate the conflict.

Araghchi told U.K. Home Secretary Yvette Cooper that Iran views Britain’s decision to allow U.S. forces to use its bases as “participation in aggression,” according to his account of the call, the BBC reported.

IRAN’S DRONE SWARMS CHALLENGE US AIR DEFENSES AS TROOPS IN MIDDLE EAST FACE RISING THREATS

Iranian Foreign Minister Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi

He also criticized what he described as the U.K.’s “negative and biased” approach and demanded that it cease cooperation with the United States.

The U.K. did not allow the U.S. to use its bases for initial offensive strikes against Iran but later granted permission for defensive operations in response to Iranian missile threats.

Downing Street said: “We didn’t participate in the initial strikes, and we’re not getting drawn into the wider war.”

Tehran has said it would exercise what it calls its right to self-defense if threatened.

Meanwhile, the U.K. Ministry of Defence said Sunday that Royal Air Force assets, including Typhoon jets, remain engaged in defensive operations in the region.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The ministry added that British forces have helped counter Iranian drone threats while coordinating closely with allies.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the U.K. Ministry of Defence for comment.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp Email

Related News

American tourists arrested in Japan after alleged break-in at viral monkey Punch’s enclosure

American tourists arrested in Japan after alleged break-in at viral monkey Punch’s enclosure

Maduro ally deported to US over alleged billion-dollar corruption scheme tied to oil, food program

Maduro ally deported to US over alleged billion-dollar corruption scheme tied to oil, food program

Bodies of four missing Italian divers found inside ‘shark cave’ in Maldives days after they vanished

Bodies of four missing Italian divers found inside ‘shark cave’ in Maldives days after they vanished

Former Google executive takes reins at scandal-hit BBC

Former Google executive takes reins at scandal-hit BBC

‘Feminist’ top diplomat Kallas takes aim at male-dominated diplomacy

‘Feminist’ top diplomat Kallas takes aim at male-dominated diplomacy

Spain tilts right under Sánchez despite progressive credentials abroad

Spain tilts right under Sánchez despite progressive credentials abroad

US, Nigeria strike ISIS fighters again from the air after killing senior leader

US, Nigeria strike ISIS fighters again from the air after killing senior leader

Hantavirus: How prepared is Europe for new health threats?

Hantavirus: How prepared is Europe for new health threats?

Bodies of four divers in Maldives accident found, Italy says

Bodies of four divers in Maldives accident found, Italy says

Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

January 11, 2021

Subscribe to News

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks
Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
2026 © US Times Mirror. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?