• Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
Influencer Patriotic Kenny Dead at Age 84 Following Battle With Stage 4 Lung Cancer

Influencer Patriotic Kenny Dead at Age 84 Following Battle With Stage 4 Lung Cancer

May 19, 2026
Six states hold high-stakes primary elections and more top headlines

Six states hold high-stakes primary elections and more top headlines

May 19, 2026
Federal judge in New York ties Trump admin hands on arrests at immigration courts

Federal judge in New York ties Trump admin hands on arrests at immigration courts

May 19, 2026
Super Bowl champion Craig Morton’s cause of death revealed after his passing at 83

Super Bowl champion Craig Morton’s cause of death revealed after his passing at 83

May 19, 2026
THE LOST BOYS Cast Performs “My Heart With You” and “Belong to Someone”

THE LOST BOYS Cast Performs “My Heart With You” and “Belong to Someone”

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Just In
  • Influencer Patriotic Kenny Dead at Age 84 Following Battle With Stage 4 Lung Cancer
  • Six states hold high-stakes primary elections and more top headlines
  • Federal judge in New York ties Trump admin hands on arrests at immigration courts
  • Super Bowl champion Craig Morton’s cause of death revealed after his passing at 83
  • THE LOST BOYS Cast Performs “My Heart With You” and “Belong to Someone”
  • Should I confess my bisexual desires to my husband?
  • Los Angeles mayor’s race: AI videos supporting Spencer Pratt shake up political playbook
  • German serial killer ‘Man in Black’ on trial for murdering French boy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Newsletter
  • Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
 Weather Login
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Home » Finnish divers recover bodies of two Italians from cave in Maldives
World

Finnish divers recover bodies of two Italians from cave in Maldives

staffstaffMay 19, 20260 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email
Finnish divers recover bodies of two Italians from cave in Maldives

Finnish divers have recovered the bodies of two of the four remaining Italians who died deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, an official said on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT


ADVERTISEMENT

The bodies were located on Monday, when searches resumed after being suspended following the death of a local military diver during a perilous mission to try to reach them.

Five Italian divers went missing on Thursday, with one of the bodies recovered earlier. The plan is to recover the remaining two bodies on Wednesday.

The announcement that two bodies were recovered on Tuesday was made by presidential spokesperson Mohamed Hussain Shareef.

Maldives government spokesman Ahmed Shaam had earlier said that the three Finnish divers would retrieve the bodies, which were lying at a depth of around 60 metres. The legal depth for recreational diving in the Maldives is 30 metres.

The government of the Indian Ocean island nation on Monday said that the bodies were spotted in the innermost part of the cave by the three Finnish diving experts, supported by the Maldives police and the military.

“As was previously thought, the four bodies were found inside the cave, not only inside the cave, but well inside the cave into the third segment of the cave, which is the largest part,” Shaam said.

He said that the four bodies were found “pretty much together.”

The Divers’ Alert Network Europe, which deployed the three Finnish divers, said on its website that they are technical and cave divers with international experience in search and recovery missions, including operations in “deep overhead environments, confined spaces and high-risk scenarios.”

The team used advanced technical systems, including closed-circuit rebreathers, a system that recycles exhaled breathing gas and removes carbon dioxide through a chemical scrubber, allowing for “significantly longer dives,” the organisation said.

The body of a fifth Italian, a diving instructor, was found earlier outside the cave on the day they were reported missing.

The five were exploring a cave at a depth of about 50 metres in Vaavu Atoll on Thursday, according to Italy’s Foreign Ministry.

Initial teams had already dived to identify and mark the entrance to the cave system where the Italians disappeared.

Additional sources • AP

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp Email

Related News

German serial killer ‘Man in Black’ on trial for murdering French boy

German serial killer ‘Man in Black’ on trial for murdering French boy

Watch: Brussels vs Washington—inside the high-stakes battle over the EU-US trade deal

Watch: Brussels vs Washington—inside the high-stakes battle over the EU-US trade deal

Ukraine is our ‘number one priority’ – top EU EU military chief

Ukraine is our ‘number one priority’ – top EU EU military chief

Newsletter: Europe braces for a more hostile economic order

Newsletter: Europe braces for a more hostile economic order

American tourists arrested in Japan after alleged break-in at viral monkey Punch’s enclosure

American tourists arrested in Japan after alleged break-in at viral monkey Punch’s enclosure

Maduro ally deported to US over alleged billion-dollar corruption scheme tied to oil, food program

Maduro ally deported to US over alleged billion-dollar corruption scheme tied to oil, food program

Bodies of four missing Italian divers found inside ‘shark cave’ in Maldives days after they vanished

Bodies of four missing Italian divers found inside ‘shark cave’ in Maldives days after they vanished

Former Google executive takes reins at scandal-hit BBC

Former Google executive takes reins at scandal-hit BBC

‘Feminist’ top diplomat Kallas takes aim at male-dominated diplomacy

‘Feminist’ top diplomat Kallas takes aim at male-dominated diplomacy

Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

January 11, 2021

Subscribe to News

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks
Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
2026 © US Times Mirror. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?