• Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
Chris Abbott Breaks Silence on Aubrey Plaza’s Pregnancy With Baby No. 1: ‘Very Exciting’

Chris Abbott Breaks Silence on Aubrey Plaza’s Pregnancy With Baby No. 1: ‘Very Exciting’

May 18, 2026
Active shooter reported at San Diego Islamic center as SWAT, emergency crews respond

Active shooter reported at San Diego Islamic center as SWAT, emergency crews respond

May 18, 2026
Skid Row election scheme allegedly fueled by pocket-change payoffs busted by Trump DOJ

Skid Row election scheme allegedly fueled by pocket-change payoffs busted by Trump DOJ

May 18, 2026
5 cities that nail the retirement sweet spot

5 cities that nail the retirement sweet spot

May 18, 2026
Stephen A Smith fires back at Jaylen Brown after Celtics star called him the ‘face of clickbait media’

Stephen A Smith fires back at Jaylen Brown after Celtics star called him the ‘face of clickbait media’

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Just In
  • Chris Abbott Breaks Silence on Aubrey Plaza’s Pregnancy With Baby No. 1: ‘Very Exciting’
  • Active shooter reported at San Diego Islamic center as SWAT, emergency crews respond
  • Skid Row election scheme allegedly fueled by pocket-change payoffs busted by Trump DOJ
  • 5 cities that nail the retirement sweet spot
  • Stephen A Smith fires back at Jaylen Brown after Celtics star called him the ‘face of clickbait media’
  • Luke Evans Shares His Broadway Mantra- ‘Embrace It All!’
  • 5 Best In-N-Out Burgers in Southern California, ranked
  • Threat ‘neutralized’ after active shooter reported at Islamic Center of San Diego: Police
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Newsletter
  • Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
 Weather Login
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Home » Bachelor Grant Ellis Says Canceling Taylor Frankie Paul’s ‘Bachelorette’ Season Was ‘Morally’ Right
Entertainment

Bachelor Grant Ellis Says Canceling Taylor Frankie Paul’s ‘Bachelorette’ Season Was ‘Morally’ Right

staffstaffMarch 20, 20261 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email
Bachelor Grant Ellis Says Canceling Taylor Frankie Paul’s ‘Bachelorette’ Season Was ‘Morally’ Right

Former Bachelor Grant Ellis is weighing in on ABC’s shocking decision to cancel the new season of The Bachelorette three days before it was set to premiere.

On Thursday, March 19, ABC announced that the upcoming 22nd season of the dating show, starring The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives’ Taylor Frankie Paul, would not go ahead amid allegations of domestic violence against the lead star.

“It’s an unfortunate situation,” Ellis told TMZ on Thursday. “I think ABC needed to take a stance and they did that.”

“I think if they would have aired this season, it would have left room for interpretation, and you know, they did the right thing,” he continued.

Ellis, 32, was the star of The Bachelor season 29, which aired in 2025, and was previously a contestant on The Bachelorette season 21.

“They made the right choice. Although it’s going to take some time to recoup, it’s the right thing to do morally,” the former professional basketball player reiterated.

Ellis said he was most “worried” about the fans who had been anticipating the new season of The Bachelorette, which was due to premiere Sunday, March 22.

Ellis was also asked whether ABC should have cast Taylor, 31, as its new Bachelorette given her past legal troubles. In 2023, reality star pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in connection with a domestic dispute with her ex-boyfriend, Dakota Mortensen.

Related: What Will Air Instead of ‘The Bachelorette’ After Cancellation?

ABC already shifted its schedule after pulling Taylor Frankie Paul’s The Bachelorette season. Taylor’s journey handing out roses on season 22 was scheduled to begin Sunday, March 22, but a rerun of American Idol season 20 will now air in its place. It’s not known, however, whether Idol will continue airing in the Sunday timeslot […]

“I think they were looking to do something new, and you can’t really account for everything,” Ellis said. “I think there were some errors made there, but it’s part of life. You live and you grow.”

ABC announced on Thursday that it was pulling the plug on The Bachelorette season 22 after TMZ published footage of Taylor appearing to get physical with Dakota, 33, in a domestic incident that led to her 2023 arrest.

Thank You!

You have successfully subscribed.

“In light of the newly released video just surfaced today, we have made the decision to not move forward with the new season of The Bachelorette at this time, and our focus is on supporting the family,” a Disney Entertainment spokesperson told Us Weekly in a statement.

Earlier this week, the Draper City Police Department in Utah confirmed to Us that it had opened a “domestic assault investigation” involving the former couple, stemming from a dispute that took place last month. Authorities said “allegations have been made in both directions” from Taylor and Dakota and that “contact was made with involved parties on February 24th and 25th.”

Production on season 5 of The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives halted after Taylor’s fellow cast members became aware of the police investigation.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp Email

Related News

Chris Abbott Breaks Silence on Aubrey Plaza’s Pregnancy With Baby No. 1: ‘Very Exciting’

Chris Abbott Breaks Silence on Aubrey Plaza’s Pregnancy With Baby No. 1: ‘Very Exciting’

Luke Evans Shares His Broadway Mantra- ‘Embrace It All!’

Luke Evans Shares His Broadway Mantra- ‘Embrace It All!’

Shakira Acquitted in Tax Fraud Case, Spanish Government Ordered to Pay Her  Million

Shakira Acquitted in Tax Fraud Case, Spanish Government Ordered to Pay Her $64 Million

Angela Bassett Visits the Cast of SCHMIGADOON! on Broadway

Angela Bassett Visits the Cast of SCHMIGADOON! on Broadway

Why Did Anderson Cooper Leave ’60 Minutes’? Details About His Departure Explained

Why Did Anderson Cooper Leave ’60 Minutes’? Details About His Departure Explained

Impressionist Recreates Iconic RAGTIME Lyric With Broadway Stars

Impressionist Recreates Iconic RAGTIME Lyric With Broadway Stars

Nordstrom’s Vacation Edit Is Overflowing With 2,000+ Dresses — Here’s What’s in My Cart

Nordstrom’s Vacation Edit Is Overflowing With 2,000+ Dresses — Here’s What’s in My Cart

Gracie Cochrane Exits HARRY POTTER Series; Ginny Weasley to be Recast

Gracie Cochrane Exits HARRY POTTER Series; Ginny Weasley to be Recast

Anderson Cooper Signs Off ’60 Minutes,’ Hopes CBS Show ‘Maintains the Quality That It Has’

Anderson Cooper Signs Off ’60 Minutes,’ Hopes CBS Show ‘Maintains the Quality That It Has’

Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

January 11, 2021

Subscribe to News

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks
Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
2026 © US Times Mirror. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?