• Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
‘Survivor’ Legend Boston Rob Mariano Shares the Advice He Gave Jonathan Young Before ‘Survivor 50’ (Exclusive)

‘Survivor’ Legend Boston Rob Mariano Shares the Advice He Gave Jonathan Young Before ‘Survivor 50’ (Exclusive)

May 19, 2026
Three stabbed at crowded Rhode Island beach as hundreds of teens pack area, police say

Three stabbed at crowded Rhode Island beach as hundreds of teens pack area, police say

May 19, 2026
‘Nobody should go alone’: 1,500 strangers honor WWII veteran with no known family

‘Nobody should go alone’: 1,500 strangers honor WWII veteran with no known family

May 19, 2026
Former prosecutor who accused Trump of weaponizing DOJ wins Dem primary

Former prosecutor who accused Trump of weaponizing DOJ wins Dem primary

May 19, 2026
Gerrit Cole to make first Yankees start since 2024 World Series, Aaron Boone announces

Gerrit Cole to make first Yankees start since 2024 World Series, Aaron Boone announces

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Just In
  • ‘Survivor’ Legend Boston Rob Mariano Shares the Advice He Gave Jonathan Young Before ‘Survivor 50’ (Exclusive)
  • Three stabbed at crowded Rhode Island beach as hundreds of teens pack area, police say
  • ‘Nobody should go alone’: 1,500 strangers honor WWII veteran with no known family
  • Former prosecutor who accused Trump of weaponizing DOJ wins Dem primary
  • Gerrit Cole to make first Yankees start since 2024 World Series, Aaron Boone announces
  • TWO STRANGERS (CARRY A CAKE ACROSS NEW YORK) Cast Album Party
  • Throngs of tourists overrun Italian hot spots as high vacation season kicks off
  • Senators grill Blanche over “anti-weaponization” fund
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Newsletter
  • Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
 Weather Login
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Home » Death toll from Colombia bus bombing rises to 20 during wave of violence
World

Death toll from Colombia bus bombing rises to 20 during wave of violence

staffstaffApril 27, 20261 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email
Death toll from Colombia bus bombing rises to 20 during wave of violence

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The number of people killed in a bombing in a volatile region in southwest Colombia rose to 20, officials said Sunday.

The attack happened Saturday when an explosive device was detonated on a bus traveling along the Pan-American Highway in the municipality of Cajibio. So far, 15 women and five men are among the victims, according to Octavio Guzmán, governor of the region of Cauca.

US DESIGNATES COLOMBIA’S CLAN DEL GOLFO AS A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION, CITING NARCOTICS TRAFFICKING

He wrote on X that the attack injured 36 others, three of whom are in intensive care. Guzmán noted that five of the injured are minors who are expected to recover.

Colombia’s Institute of Legal Medicine said that specialists including dentists, anthropologists and forensic doctors are identifying the victims.

AT LEAST 80 PEOPLE KILLED IN NORTHEAST COLOMBIA AS PEACE TALKS FAIL, OFFICIAL SAYS

People look at vehicles damaged from an explosion.

The bombing is the latest attack in the region, with more than two dozen incidents reported in the past three days in southwestern Colombia. The region is home to illegal armed groups who vie for control of coca leaf cultivation areas and for sea and river access routes to run drug trafficking operations to Central America and Europe.

Gen. Hugo López, commander of Colombia’s Armed Forces, has described the incident as a “terrorist act.” He blamed it on the network of a man known as “Iván Mordisco” — one of Colombia’s most wanted figures — and the Jaime Martínez faction. Both are dissidents of the now-defunct Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia that operate in the region.

A man stands in the middle of wreckage from a bus explosion.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights condemned the attacks against the civilian population and called on authorities to investigate the incidents and “guarantee justice for the victims.”

Guzmán declared three days of mourning on Sunday in memory of the victims.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp Email

Related News

EU approves trade deal with the US

EU approves trade deal with the US

How the EU plans to ban non-consensual ‘nudifier apps’

How the EU plans to ban non-consensual ‘nudifier apps’

Spanish ex-PM Zapatero under investigation for influence peddling

Spanish ex-PM Zapatero under investigation for influence peddling

Malaysia seeks €216m from Norwegian firm over scrapped missile deal

Malaysia seeks €216m from Norwegian firm over scrapped missile deal

EU Order of Merit celebrates the same old memories and few fresh faces

EU Order of Merit celebrates the same old memories and few fresh faces

EU keeps carbon border tax unchanged despite fertiliser price crisis

EU keeps carbon border tax unchanged despite fertiliser price crisis

Hezbollah grooms children for martyrdom through its scout movement, report claims

Hezbollah grooms children for martyrdom through its scout movement, report claims

Crunch defence talks enter final stretch as EU races to rearm by 2030

Crunch defence talks enter final stretch as EU races to rearm by 2030

Video. Merkel warns Europe can no longer rely on old security certainties

Video. Merkel warns Europe can no longer rely on old security certainties

Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

January 11, 2021

Subscribe to News

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks
Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
2026 © US Times Mirror. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?