• Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
Karen Bass ripped after viral video lays out taxpayer-funded match of campaign donations

Karen Bass ripped after viral video lays out taxpayer-funded match of campaign donations

August 19, 2026
Bad habit more than doubles your odds of stomach cancer: study

Bad habit more than doubles your odds of stomach cancer: study

August 19, 2026
Early details on potential Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting

Early details on potential Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting

August 19, 2026
Nick Jonas Auditioned For FROZEN & Says It Was ‘Terrible’

Nick Jonas Auditioned For FROZEN & Says It Was ‘Terrible’

August 19, 2026
US Marshals survive deck collapse while serving warrant at sex offender’s home

US Marshals survive deck collapse while serving warrant at sex offender’s home

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Just In
  • Karen Bass ripped after viral video lays out taxpayer-funded match of campaign donations
  • Bad habit more than doubles your odds of stomach cancer: study
  • Early details on potential Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting
  • Nick Jonas Auditioned For FROZEN & Says It Was ‘Terrible’
  • US Marshals survive deck collapse while serving warrant at sex offender’s home
  • ‘Stripper’ Venmo ‘scandal’ makes Dems the punchline as Trump candidate flips script on viral DNC post
  • ‘Embarrassing’ American tourists break hallowed local custom at Italian hotspot
  • Semitruck fire closes all westbound lanes on 210 Freeway in Sunland, CHP says
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Newsletter
  • Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
 Weather Login
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Home » Kennedy Center Board Voted to Put Trump’s Name in Three Different Places on the Complex
Entertainment

Kennedy Center Board Voted to Put Trump’s Name in Three Different Places on the Complex

staffstaffAugust 19, 20262 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email
Kennedy Center Board Voted to Put Trump’s Name in Three Different Places on the Complex

The Kennedy Center’s board didn’t vote to put Donald Trump’s name back on the building once last week. It voted to put it there three times.

A copy of the board’s resolution, filed in federal court late Tuesday and first reported by Deadline, spells out a layered set of designations for the Washington, D.C. performing arts complex. Trump’s name would return to the front facade beneath the center’s official name, on a new line reading “Restored and Renovated by President Donald J. Trump.” A third line – “Endowed by the Trump Kennedy Center Fund” – would be added once a $100 million threshold is reached for an endowment the board established.

Stacked, the facade would read “The John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts Restored and Renovated by President Donald J. Trump Endowed by the Trump Kennedy Center Fund.”

The resolution goes further still, designating “the physical site and grounds upon which the center sits” as the “President Donald J. Trump Plaza.”

The board, chaired by Trump, voted in December to add his name to the center; the facade was altered the following day to read “The Donald J. Trump and The John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts.” Rep. Joyce Beatty (DOH), an ex officio board member, sued, and in May U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper ruled that only Congress can change the center’s name. The lettering came down overnight behind scaffolding and a tarp that has stayed up ever since.

Beatty’s attorneys, Nathaniel Zelinsky and Norm Eisen, told the court the board appears intent “on defying the court’s decision,” writing that adding the words “Restored and Renovated by” or “Endowed by” before Trump’s name “provides no lawful basis to ignore this Court’s decision and impose Donald Trump’s name on a memorial dedicated by the Congress exclusively to a different President.” They also cited a statute barring additional memorials or plaques in the center’s public areas.

The center has agreed not to install the new designations before September 8, and Beatty’s team has asked Cooper to rule by then. Center attorneys attribute the lingering tarp to construction safety and marble facade repairs; Beatty’s lawyers call that “pretextual.”

The board also voted again last week to close the complex for two years for renovations, keeping limited programming at The Reach. Cooper had blocked an earlier closure plan in May, finding the board “derelict” in weighing the consequences for programming and the center’s memorial function. The center is appealing that ruling.

 

Just in Time


Rate it:





Hadestown

Hadestown


Rate it:





Chicago

Chicago


Rate it:





Oh, Mary!

Oh, Mary!


Rate it:





Aladdin

Aladdin


Rate it:





Six

Six


Rate it:





Wicked

Wicked


Rate it:





Titanique

Titanique


Rate it:





The Lost Boys

The Lost Boys


Rate it:





Moulin Rouge!

Moulin Rouge!


Rate it:





1

Kennedy Center Orders Staff to Strip Trumps Name from Documents and Signage Photo

2

Donald Trump to Transfer Control of the Kennedy Center Back to Congress Photo

3

Judge Orders Trumps Name to be Removed From the Kennedy Center Photo

4

IATSE Says Kennedy Center Violating Its Contract Photo

IATSE Says Kennedy Center Violating Its Contract

The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) is condemning management of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, alleging the  Kennedy Center is violating its union contract.

Joshua Wright, a native of Boston, MA, has been captivated by Broadway since childhood. When he’s not penning articles for BroadwayWorld.com, Joshua can be found swimming at the local pool, crafti… (read more about this author)

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp Email

Related News

Nick Jonas Auditioned For FROZEN & Says It Was ‘Terrible’

Nick Jonas Auditioned For FROZEN & Says It Was ‘Terrible’

Donald Trump Aide Natalie Harp’s Estranged Brother Calls Out Her ‘Unhealthy Obsession’ With President

Donald Trump Aide Natalie Harp’s Estranged Brother Calls Out Her ‘Unhealthy Obsession’ With President

HADESTOWN Movie Will Be Available to Rent or Own in the US Next Week

HADESTOWN Movie Will Be Available to Rent or Own in the US Next Week

Walmart’s Fall Preview Is Here — Everything Worth Buying, According to a Shopping Writer

Walmart’s Fall Preview Is Here — Everything Worth Buying, According to a Shopping Writer

Move Over Blouses! Flattering Wrap Shirts Are the Latest, Upscale-Looking Trend for the Office

Move Over Blouses! Flattering Wrap Shirts Are the Latest, Upscale-Looking Trend for the Office

TITANIQUE Will Host Fan Night With Giveaways, Sing-Alongs, and More

TITANIQUE Will Host Fan Night With Giveaways, Sing-Alongs, and More

‘Heroes’ Creator Tim Kring Remembers ‘Singularly Talented’ Star Hayden Panettiere: ‘Always a Joy’

‘Heroes’ Creator Tim Kring Remembers ‘Singularly Talented’ Star Hayden Panettiere: ‘Always a Joy’

HEATHERS THE MUSICAL to Launch ‘Big Fun Week’ in September

HEATHERS THE MUSICAL to Launch ‘Big Fun Week’ in September

Liza Minnelli Reveals What Led to 1st Rehab Stint After Hitting Rock Bottom: ‘I Was out of Options’

Liza Minnelli Reveals What Led to 1st Rehab Stint After Hitting Rock Bottom: ‘I Was out of Options’

Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

January 11, 2021

Subscribe to News

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks
Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
2026 © US Times Mirror. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?