• Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
Senate Republican threatens to derail ICE, Border Patrol package over Trump’s billion-dollar request

Senate Republican threatens to derail ICE, Border Patrol package over Trump’s billion-dollar request

May 18, 2026
Chick-fil-A franchisee sued after allegedly firing employee over Sabbath observance

Chick-fil-A franchisee sued after allegedly firing employee over Sabbath observance

May 18, 2026
MASQUERADE – THE ORCHESTRAL SCORE Vinyl Now Available

MASQUERADE – THE ORCHESTRAL SCORE Vinyl Now Available

May 18, 2026
Southern California gets B mega music venue in giant new entertainment district

Southern California gets $4B mega music venue in giant new entertainment district

May 18, 2026
Pacoima business owners say city cleared encampment dubbed ‘Skid Row of the Valley’ after 7 investigation

Pacoima business owners say city cleared encampment dubbed ‘Skid Row of the Valley’ after 7 investigation

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Just In
  • Senate Republican threatens to derail ICE, Border Patrol package over Trump’s billion-dollar request
  • Chick-fil-A franchisee sued after allegedly firing employee over Sabbath observance
  • MASQUERADE – THE ORCHESTRAL SCORE Vinyl Now Available
  • Southern California gets $4B mega music venue in giant new entertainment district
  • Pacoima business owners say city cleared encampment dubbed ‘Skid Row of the Valley’ after 7 investigation
  • 90 Day Fiance’s Emily Bieberly and Kobe Blaise Welcome Baby No. 4: Meet Their ‘Sweet’ Boy (Exclusive)
  • Mark Fuhrman, detective at center of OJ Simpson murder trial, dead at 74
  • Hegseth unleashes on Massie in GOP primary showdown against Trump-backed Navy SEAL vet
  • Privacy Policy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Newsletter
  • Home
  • News
  • World
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • More
    • Web stories
    • Trending
    • Press Release
 Weather Login
US Times MirrorUS Times Mirror
Home » NYC Dept of Education employee arrested, charged with murder of Bronx father
News

NYC Dept of Education employee arrested, charged with murder of Bronx father

staffstaffMarch 5, 20261 ViewsNo Comments
Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email
NYC Dept of Education employee arrested, charged with murder of Bronx father

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Police arrested a New York City education worker on charges of murdering a Bronx father in January.

The suspect, Naya Brown, was taken into custody this week in connection with the shooting death of Keon Gill, 44, as he left a restaurant with his brother where they had been celebrating the victim’s birthday, according to the New York Post.

Gill was fatally shot in the chest, while his brother, 35, was shot in the knee and survived the encounter.

Brown is the second person to be arrested in the case, as police also arrested Pernell Warren, 37, in February and charged him with murder as well. Authorities are still searching for a third male suspect, who has not been named.

Sources told the Post that Brown does not appear to have been the person who fired on Gill or his brother, and her role in the alleged murder is unclear.

The Post reported that Gill and his brother got into an argument with Warren, Brown and the third suspect as they were leaving the restaurant at 3 a.m.

A spokesperson for the New York City Department of Education, which employs Brown, called the charges “deeply disturbing” in a statement to the Post.

MAMDANI PLEDGED TO FIGHT FOR ALL BUT SCRAPPED ORDER JEWISH STUDENTS SAY PROTECTED THEM

“If the allegations are confirmed, we will pursue termination,” the spokesperson said.

Brown’s arrest comes just weeks after the NYPD arrested a teenager in connection with what officials described as a “senseless” shooting that broke out in the Bronx in February.

The Feb. 11 incident occurred in the Kingsbridge section of the Bronx amid what officials and witnesses characterized as an escalating wave of violence in the borough, prompting affected family members to criticize Mayor Zohran Mamdani and law enforcement for not doing enough to keep New Yorkers safe.

HOUSE GOP LEADER RIPS ‘SOCIALIST’ ZOHRAN MAMDANI AFTER 18 PEOPLE FREEZE TO DEATH IN NYC

Authorities identified the slain victim as Christopher Redding, an aspiring football player at John F. Kennedy High School, who sustained a gunshot wound to the back. According to a GoFundMe page, Redding was defending his friends who were being targeted by a group of individuals.

A 17-year-old male tied to the incident was arrested days after the shooting and now faces multiple charges, including murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, assault and criminal possession of a loaded firearm.

NYPD snowball suspect arrested

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Bronx Borough President Vanessa Gibson said the gunfire began as a street dispute while stressing that there has been “too much violence among young adults.”

“This started out as some sort of fight on the street, and it escalated,” Gibson said. “And, guess what, someone had a gun. That is usually the issue.”

Related Article

Christian mother, teacher found dead as police hunt homicide suspect in Ohio home invasion

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp Email

Related News

Pacoima business owners say city cleared encampment dubbed ‘Skid Row of the Valley’ after 7 investigation

Pacoima business owners say city cleared encampment dubbed ‘Skid Row of the Valley’ after 7 investigation

Mark Fuhrman, detective at center of OJ Simpson murder trial, dead at 74

Mark Fuhrman, detective at center of OJ Simpson murder trial, dead at 74

New York Times sues Pentagon a second time, calling press access policy “patently unconstitutional”

New York Times sues Pentagon a second time, calling press access policy “patently unconstitutional”

Austin shooting suspect named, timeline of terror revealed after teens’ alleged 28-hour, 12-attack rampage

Austin shooting suspect named, timeline of terror revealed after teens’ alleged 28-hour, 12-attack rampage

Mark Fuhrman, LAPD detective at center of controversy in OJ Simpson’s murder trial, dies

Mark Fuhrman, LAPD detective at center of controversy in OJ Simpson’s murder trial, dies

Alabama boy battling cancer lands experimental drug after posting secret viral video that drew Trump response

Alabama boy battling cancer lands experimental drug after posting secret viral video that drew Trump response

3 killed in shooting at Islamic Center of San Diego, police say; 2 suspects also dead

3 killed in shooting at Islamic Center of San Diego, police say; 2 suspects also dead

Active shooter reported at San Diego Islamic center as SWAT, emergency crews respond

Active shooter reported at San Diego Islamic center as SWAT, emergency crews respond

Threat ‘neutralized’ after active shooter reported at Islamic Center of San Diego: Police

Threat ‘neutralized’ after active shooter reported at Islamic Center of San Diego: Police

Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest News

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

Melbourne: All Refugees Held in Hotel Detention to be Released

January 11, 2021

Subscribe to News

Get the latest USA News and updates directly to your inbox.

Editor's Picks
Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

Review: Record Shares of Voters Turned Out for 2020 election

January 11, 2021
EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

EU: ‘Addiction’ to Social Media Causing Conspiracy Theories

January 11, 2021
World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

World’s Most Advanced Oil Rig Commissioned at ONGC Well

January 11, 2021
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram
2026 © US Times Mirror. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?